Student/Early Career Committee (SECC)
Kate Smolina, University of British Columbia
Contact information: email@example.com
The objectives of SECC are:
- To build an international early career network of researchers and professionals who use and/or are interested in using linked health data for work and research;
- To facilitate exchange of ideas, news, and relevant information;
- To support professional development opportunities; and
- To increase participation of student and early career professionals in the annual IHDLN conference.
Student/Early Career Committee (SECC) is a working group of the IPDLN formed in 2013 with the aim of helping to bring together students, postdoctoral fellows and early career professionals.
Activities of this committee will include:
- Organizing student and early career events during IPDLN and other related conferences (e.g career advisory panels; workshops; social events);
- Maintaining an active membership through newsletter, updates, and a mailing list;
- Informing members about/helping organize professional development opportunities that help enhance data linkage, data analysis and other relevant skills; and
- Facilitating networking and partnership building.